Friday, October 2, 2009

In the Islands

It seems like I have more and more to blog about, and less and less time to do so. Things have been hectic, with schoolwork, reading, and travel-related activities. Though I'm quite in denial, I do have work, I do have tests, and I do care. Well kind of. I want to do well in my classes, but I also want to see Denmark, experience different cultures, and travel. Luckily I have been finding the balance, and will hopefully maintain it.

I went to Malmo, a town in Sweden that is very close to Copenhagen. It is an easy day trip, you don't need your passport, and it only costs about $24 round trip. Not to mention that I totally can just run off to Sweden for a day. I went with my friends Deborah and Lisa, and we shared a nice day together. We went shopping at H&M, had lunch at a random coffee shop, and spent time walking around and seeing the city. We chanced upon a gay pride parade, with plenty of 90s music blasting from floats filled with dancing people in sparkly outfits.


On a separate occasion, Lisa, Deborah, and I cooked a lovely dinner together, throwing together our random ingredients with the hopes of creating something delicious. It worked.


This afternoon I'll attend an AQUA concert (yes, the masterminds behind the "Barbie Girl" song), and then hear the live announcement of which city gets to host the 2016 Olympics. Then it is Sukkot, the festival of booths. Then off to Estonia and Finland until next Friday afternoon. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment